2008 Upper Deck Series 1 Baseball Hobby 12 Box Case
Configuration: 12 boxes per case. 16 packs per box. 20 cards per pack.
* FEATURING THE YANKEE STADIUM LEGACY PROMOTION, THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE INSERT SET EVER CREATED. STAY TUNED FOR MORE DETAILS ON THIS HISTORIC, ONCE-IN-A-LIFETIME COLLECTION!
* PULL TWO MEMORABILIA CARDS PER BOX, ON AVERAGE!
* LOOK FOR ONE AUTOGRAPH CARD PER BOX, ON AVERAGE!
* COLLECT THE ENTIRE 400 CARD REGULAR SET!
* ONE ROOKIE EXCHANGE CARD PER BOX, ON AVERAGE!
* LOOK FOR O PEE CHEE BUYBACK CARDS!
The Yankee Stadium Legacy cross-product insert program is receiving very favorable response from all sides of the trade, and will be sure to gain momentum as we approach Yankee Stadium's final season in the Bronx. A 7500 card set!! We haven't announced the details yet, but plans are underway to reward those who are first to complete this gigantic set, and the rewards will be VERY special. Some of the incredible buybacks will be include some of the most desirable cut cards that we have ever produced!
We have a plethora of rookie cards slated for UD Series I, including standouts like the Yankee's future staff ace Ian Kennedy who was called up in September . Remember, under new MLBPA rules, players called up after September 1st cannot be put in MLB product until the early releases of the next season, so there will be plenty of them in UD Series I. We have the new rookies covered as well, as every hobby box will contain one rookie redemption card for those players who make opening day rosters but who could not be included in the product.
Upper Deck now holds the rights to the very popular O-Pee-Chee name, which has deep roots in baseball cards. In 2008 UD Series I MLB, we will be paying homage to the popular 1969 OPC Baseball set, and will also be including a bunch of OPC buybacks that would be an incredible addition to anyone's collection.
2008 UD MLB I will also feature some of the best photography that the industry has ever seen. Collectors gravitate to this brand for this very reason, and this year's will not disappoint. We have also added value to every pack by increasing the number or cards to 20 per pack .
The legendary 500 HR Club cards return with this release, and will include new inductees Jim Thome and Frank Thomas. This is probably the most collected high-end memorabilia card set that the hobby has ever known, so collectors will be anxious to add to their sets with these two new subjects.
There is nothing more important than timing. To that end, UD MLB I will be releasing in EARLY FEBRUARY, to take advantage of all of the pent up demand for new MLB trading cards. Spring Training will be right around the corner when this releases, and baseball fever will be at its annual high.
Regular Cards and Rookies
* Base Set - 400 cards - Perfect for Set-Collectors!
Inserts and Parallel Cards
* Base Set Parallel
* 1969 O Pee Chee Reprints
* O Pee Chee Buybakcs
* Signature Sensations
* Upper Deck Autographs
* Season Highlights Signatures
* All-Rookie Team Signatures
* Throwback 1997 UD Game Jersey
* Throwback 1998 UD Game Jersey
* Throwback 1999 UD Game Jersey
* UD Game Jersey
* 500 Home Run Club
* Milestone Memorabilia
* Throwback 1997 UD Game Jersey Patch Parallel
* Throwback 1998 UD Game Jersey Patch Parallel
* Throwback 1999 UD Game Jersey Patch Parallel
* UD Game Jersey Patch Parallel
*Adobe Acrobat Reader required to view checklist.
4 average based on 57 reviews.